Saturday, 6 December 2014

Life & Games: An Introspection

Being very interested in games, an idea came to my mind, which I wanted to share.


Not everyone may be interested in games, some may even loathe it, but love it or hate it, each one of us is part of one big game called LIFE. One is presented with a chance when one takes birth and then continues on his/her journey of survival till the life ends. In between these, one can get wounded, like when sometimes we get ill, and then go on after taking the necessary medications. Like games, it's everything about survival and we play it the really hard way.

Correct me if I am wrong, but to me it seems that the missions and stages resemble the goals I have in my life, the completion of one opening the door for next one, and this game will end only when I am out of this place. The completion of one goal not resulting in satisfaction, it only spurs us to go the extra mile in the next task which lies ahead. In the process we sometimes enjoy, sometimes feel the heat and sometimes are trounced, withered and torn to pieces. While it may happen physically in games, we may feel the same sort of things emotionally in our lives. Almost everyone can associate with the feeling of getting that one thing which we most desperately wanted, the joy that we feel upon getting it and the very reversal of emotions when things don't go our way, the one scenario where we felt so shattered. Happens, No?

Now even cheat codes can be referenced in life. One can get to the destination quickly by using unfair means, or one has to be resolute in inching their way closer towards the destination in a sincere and honest way, with the skills one has, doing everything that is needed to do in the process to make one better equipped to foresee and tackle the imminent challenges and then emerge victorious.

Current online games don't resemble reality, but i used to get lost in these. It's not that I don't know about it being virtual, still i got engrossed, ignoring the real picture. But, then is it not that everyone of us is so much addicted to this game of life that we are not willing to think beyond it? The things that have become our integral part of life might not be even worth it.

Games make us compete vigorously, optimizing our limited resources at our disposal to achieve our target, and a sizeable number of people competing for the same target. Is it not the same thing with life? The prize sometimes seems like Mario's Princess, sometimes it is the thrill of speed of leaving every competitor behind and sometimes to knocking down your opponents. The prizes are few and I seem to be competing for every bit of those, and the competition is becoming stiff, sometimes ugly too.

Let's wait for a while and see these below snaps and take time to ponder whether we agree with it or not?













The thing with games is that after a point of time one realizes it's worthlessness, but the life presents a great mix of gaming which has in it every ingredient of adventures, strategy and role play, that sometimes I fail to notice the futility to which I am so much engaged.

Looking from above a multi-storeyed building, when I see the world around me, it reminds me of how tiny I am in comparison to the world out there. I am not even a speck of the vast universe out there. So, like games, is there any world that is outside of this life? Is there any possibility that we are part of just one big game? And have we got away from our real path?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog