Friday, 9 October 2015

One-thirds of my life

I spend more than one-third of my time in a week working. Most of the people do that, some even much more than half of their time doing their work.

While I have been doing my work, I sometimes start to harbour doubts about the kind of work that I do. There are many instances where the work I am doing is due to the inefficiencies created by the processes downstream and I am adjusting my work to incorporate those inefficiencies. I work in the performance Reporting unit where my work is to make excel & VBA dashboards for the pharmaceutical wholesalers, to help them in their mission of improving healthcare in their communities.

The data team collects the data and because of the inefficiencies in the data collection process, many situations arise which shouldn’t have arrived, if the processes were followed in an ideal manner. If I am not contributing to increasing the knowledge base in the world or improving the quality of the world, does that mean I am not doing enough? My mind thinks in affirmative, questioning my job here.


Is anyone willing to share their experiences if they think on these same lines and what is their idea of a good job? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog