Tuesday, 18 November 2014

The heights of Hypocrisy



One won’t have to look any further to see these examples. If one just takes these things with an open mind, we are bound to find numerous such examples in our daily lives.

·        I think Corruption has been one of the buzz words lately. One just need bring up this topic and one is sure to get a plethora of comments from each & everyone. Most of the people are up in arms at the very mention of the word “corruption”, staunch supporters ready to eradicate the evil out of the society. While I greatly respect the people & their great idea, it astonishes me how the very same people take pride in the fact of making a gain out of it when presented themselves with the situation.
·        Most of us see child labor as something that is a dark spot on our society and it’s a great thought? I mean why some of us fail to apply it? One can get examples of such child labor in posh localities. Sometimes the reason comes of supporting the children financially, I mean that’s again a genuine and great thought, but then again can’t we just do it by giving them the opportunity to learn, by being more considerate to them? Anyway that doesn’t justify Child labor, nothing will; still it provides some avenue to do something better.
·        Traffic also presents a great place to see this hypocrisy. I mean every time a wrong thing happens; it always is others’ fault. No matter what “you” did, the other person is wrong.
·        We are more concerned that fuel prices are on the rise, seemingly oblivious of the fact that farmers are producing to satisfy the needs of gasohol, whereas in many places people are starving in need of grains.  

Bollywood, news channels, politics; you name it and you will see blatant examples of hypocrisy.


·        Politicians make promises of improved laws & its implementation every time an accident occurs. Drunken driving is a cliché that they use to perfection. Yet, they remain oblivious of this fact when they are issuing licenses of wines on the highways.
·        Let’s take the recent Swachh Bharat Abhiyan by Mr. Modi; I think most of the bollywood stars have posted their pictures with a broom in their hand. Just to be in news, nothing else.
·        News Channels, oh God, what I should say about them? Most of them have been reduced to ugly debates, where what you are saying becomes useless, the weight of arguments is measured in terms of the decibel levels. Social evils, tragedies have become a source of increasing the TRPs.
·        For Kapil Sharma, the major way to entertain audience is mostly passing lewd jokes, derogatory comments & making fun of anything. Yet, it tops the charts in TV ratings and is a prime time show.


These are not even a drop of the “ocean of hypocrisy” that surrounds us. Let’s trust ourselves to build a better world.

A recent example of bollywood hypocrisy can be reached out here.
http://nits1305.blogspot.in/2014/09/ms-padukone-vs-toi-everyone-is-defaulter.html

As usual, would love to receive any kind of feedback or the ideas which you may have. I might be wrong but then somebody has to point that out. I will be more than happy to receive something constructive.

Thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

Search This Blog